The timelines given by South African High Commission in Nigeria for the processing of each application is a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. However, visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing time may vary.
Every visitor to South Africa must have a valid passport.
- Passengers travelling to South Africa must be in possession of a passport with two unused pages required for endorsements. The two unused pages when presented for purposes of endorsing a port of entry visa, visa, permanent residence permit, or entry of departure stamp.
- The passport must be machine readable however, the foreigner may be admitted into or depart from South Africa with a non-machine-readable passport provided that:
- He or she is from a foreign country that is issuing machine readable passports and has not completely phased out the non-machine-readable passports; and
- His or her passport was issued after 24 November 2009.
- Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after your intended date of departure.
Passport holders from more than 80 countries, including USA, Canada, UK, Japan, and the EU can visit South Africa without a visa. A list of countries that currently do not require a visa can be found at the SA Government website.
Information regarding visas can be obtained from your travel agent or the South African diplomatic or consular representative in your area. Delegates requiring visas, and who intend taking tours to neighbouring Southern African countries, are advised to secure a multiple entry visa. Tourists must satisfy immigration officers that they have the means of support for the duration of their stay in the country and return /onward tickets. Visas cannot be obtained on arrival.
If required, upon request, the Congress Secretariat is willing to send you a letter of invitation. It should be understood, that this letter will be sent only to help participants to raise travel funds or to obtain a visa. A letter of invitation is not a commitment on the part of the organisers to provide any financial support. Please note that only registered delegates who have paid their Congress registration fees will be issued with a letter of invitation.